Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

No Eating Out Challenge: Trial Run





So I've decided that to help with my budget and maintain healthy eating I am going to try and not go out to eat for the next two weeks. That means ALL MEALS are going to either be prepared at either home or at work. This is going to be totes hard. Breakfast is easy, I always make my smoothie in the morning before I head to work. With lunch, sometimes it's hard to avoid temptation in going out to eat with a coworker. Dinner is the hardest meal for me. Usually by the time I get home from work I'm tired and the last thing I want to do is prepare a meal. It's so easy to give in and want an easy fix of a takeout or restaurant dinner.


Partly because I didn't feel like going out, and mostly because I looked hella scrubby, I decided to start experimenting with some meal options. I love sweet potatoes, had some frozen mixed veggies, and chicken is super versatile, so I decided that would make up my meal for the evening.


The veggies were heated up and I nuked the sweet potato for a bit and put it in the oven at 350 degrees F. I placed my defrosted chicken thighs in an oven safe dish and rubbed olive oil and sprinkled some paprika, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning on each piece. They joined Mr. Sweet Potato in the oven. I cooked the chicken for 40 minutes, and voila! I added a few spoonfuls of my favorite roasted red pepper cream sauce on top of the chicken. Yowza!


If this is how the rest of my meals taste for the next two weeks I'm going to be a happy girl!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures that goes with each entry! Keep bloggin! Your dinner looks fabulous!!! I hope this two week trial is successful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'll need all the luck I can get! I know it sounds super easy to the people that already cook most of their meals at home, and hopefully I'll get there one day too. I'm really looking forward to knowing exactly what is going into my food and making better meal choices.

    ReplyDelete